Thursday, January 31, 2008

January Roundup

Where has the month gone? I'm happy to report several finished items.

1. The teal cardigan. This was my oldest UFO, started somewhere in the fall of '06. It sat for a year waiting for the sleeves to be done. Now they're done (and too wide/long). I've worn it a couple of times, and it's growing on me.

2. A second BSJ for charity (most likely CIC).

3. One lonely pair of CIC toddler socks. I had big plans of knocking more of these out, but so far it hasn't happened.

4. A wrap out of Moonlight Mohair. Not sure what I'll do with it yet.... but the yarn cost a total of $6 and it only took a couple of days to knit.

5. My second pair of Horcrux socks, third if you include the worsted weight ones. Love this pattern! (Only found in the 6sockKAL yahoo group).

6. An Unoriginal Hat made out of my very own handspun--the very first from my spinning wheel!

7. I get 1/2 credit for DD#2's purse. 1/2 credit is still good! (DD#1's purse has shown up at my house. Apparently the straps s--t--r--e--t--c--h a whole lot and need to be shortened.) (DD's request was that I shorten the straps, and mend something else (I can't remember what, but it's in one of the boxes she brought home recently. I thought that when things leave home with children that they never come back. I guess I was wrong.) Then I can mail them back to her with a box of goodies. Hmmm....with Valentine's Day coming up, what could she be thinking about? Chocolate?

A couple of things are carry-overs to Feb. The scarf is almost complete (you don't need to hang on the edge of your seats...pics will come. :), the something new project was quickly abandoned--too tight for the size needles I have and don't have bigger ones. The pattern wasn't touched and will be taken off the sidebar. I still have hopes of working on it, but it sits there at 0% and mocks me, so it's going into timeout.

And my "guess what I'm working on" project will be revealed shortly. (But it's not gloves.)

P.S. In case I want to know later how much money was spent on yarn this year (not committed to the whole "knit from your stash" thing, but in general it sounds like a good idea), I spent $12 on six skeins of Moonlight Mohair.

Onwards into February!

No comments: