(Either my contacts need cleaning or the first two pics are slightly blurry. Sorry. No time to take them over--I should be cooking supper right now anyway....)
I don't really have any resolutions for the year, but instead I'm been working on some goals. If I write them down, then I'm accountable, so here we go.....
Short term goals--finish by the end of January:
1. Finish or Frog. I only have one major UFO, my teal cardie, and my goal for January is to get it done one way or another. (I'm leaning towards frog, since I have a sneaking suspicion that the sleeves are too wide compared to the body, but it needs some more analysis before it hits the frog pond.)
2. Finish writing a new pattern. It's an idea that been rattling around in my head for more than a year now. I can't seem to focus enough to get it finished. January will be a good time to give it another go.
That's it. Really.
Those are the two things that are hanging around my head and bothering me.
Along the way, though, I plan to do a bit of fun knitting.
Like finish this BSJ:
That won't be much of a problem, since I just started it a couple of days ago, and it has captured almost all of my knitting attention.
That is, when I'm not working on these:
Another pair of Horcrux socks out of Trekking XXL, just 'cause I love them so much. (Yep, I didn't bookmark that pattern either, so you'll have to look it up yourself. I don't want to lose my blog post yet again....)
Mid-term goals--finish by end of June:
1. Finish doing 28 pairs of Magic 28 socks. I believe I've done 14, so I'm halfway there. This is a realistic goal, considering that baseball season is coming up. (51 days and counting.)
2. Learn something new. Maybe a new cast-on. (Since I only do a knit-on cast-on, this leaves me plenty of options.)(That's right. I only do one cast-on.)
Long term goals--finish by end of December:
1. My yet-to-be-spun sweater. That should give me plenty of time.
I started spinning today, and here's the first bit:
It'll take a long time to finish this sweater. About 12 months, I should think.