Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sports Saturday

As I was packing up my knitting for today's sports events, I realized that I could take "Sports Saturday" pictures weekly from now through June. I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up (not unless I can come with some more interesting pics, I can't), but I'm going to give it a try.

Showing off my knitted sock on my foot (guess which one's mine :)



Here we are at indoor soccer where DS#2 is the goalie. He just loves this sport, and since it only lasts 1/2 hour no matter what, we do too.



His favorite thing to do is kick the ball high enough to hit something hanging from the ceiling. Today he took out only one light.

Then, we wasted time at McDonald's before heading over to DD#2's basketball game. They lost their game today, but got the exact same points as last week where they won.



We got a chuckle out of last week's coach. He was telling his players who to cover.

"You, cover #8."

"You, cover #6."

"You, cover the tall girl." meaning DD#2.

We got a lot of fun out of that all week. "Hey, tall girl! pass me the salad." (She said the first time the coach said "big girl", so at least that was an improvement since she's not at all big.)

Lots of knitting was done at the games today. So much so, that by the end of the day I had two sleeves.



And they were attached to the body.




Seemingly close to being done, I actually still have the neckband, two button bands, and maybe lengthening the body (since it's now looking short).

Not so close after all.

No comments: