Thursday, July 26, 2007

Coriolis socks

Work on my Coriolis socks has been completed. I had a brief moment of insanity when I was knitting the first sock. I was an inch or so above the heel when I got worried that I'd run out of yarn. (That's not the insanity part, that's the normal part.) Wanting to start the second sock, I cut the yarn. Yep, just cut it.

This does not happen around here. I'll do practically everything to NOT cut the yarn. I was already knitting with both ends, though, so it seemed the best course of action.



I started the second sock and knit along. It was fun to see the spirals spinning in the opposite direction.



I was right. I ran out of yarn. I even had to frog the first sock several rows to get them even. Three colors of yarn had to be added to make them long enough.



I only had the red and blue bits of sock yarn that didn't have any nylon--trying to match up the yarn types. Finally, I gave up and used black Cascade 220 for the top. I wasn't spiralling any longer, so it worked out okay.

The pattern was fun, but the socks don't fit quite as tightly as I'd like. They'll be great house socks, though.

No comments: