Friday, July 06, 2007

Aloha

Aloha and greetings from Hawaii! My blogging will be done from here for the next week or so, in between trips to the beach, shopping, and taking naps. I have 4 knitting projects with me, and while DH has been teasing me that my carry-on bag had nothing knitting projects, I'm a bit worried that I'll run out.

We had a wonderful flight here. We had enough miles that we upgraded to first class. This may be the only time we'll get here, so we're pampering ourselves a bit.

I was greeted with a lei (ordered ahead of time by DH--what a nice way to start the vacation.)(Vacation for me, that is. Work for DH.)


(That's my knit/purl shirt under the lei. Gotta advertise when I can.)

This is the view from our balcony. If you look past the construction, you can see the Pacific Ocean. I've been in twice already. There's a beach just outside our hotel lobby.



The Clapotis was my sole knitting project on the flight over. It's to the point where I measure it every 12 rows (That's every time that I drop a stitch to make the run.) to see if it's long enough. Not yet, and there's plenty more yarn so I might as well keep going for awhile (but I'm starting to get impatient.)


Gotta go, it's time for my nap.

1 comment:

valéria said...

aloha back at you ;) hope you'll have a great stay and love your shawl!! hmm naptime don't you think it's a shame??? it goes from your knittingtime :D