Sunday, July 22, 2007

Green sock

The sock has been started over again on size 5's. I'm not sure how much difference it's making, but hopefully enough that I won't have to do them over again.

Here's my toe. The garter st square is done first, then sts are picked up around the square and knitted for several inches.



See?



Then, the increasing starts.



it's ready for the heel.



The pattern is designed to be knitted using 2 circular needles. I did it the first time with dpns, but decided to try circs for the second attempt.

I know this is a common theme, but has anyone seen my second circ? I had it, dropped it, found it, then lost it again. I'm currently knitting with one circ and a set of dpns. Is it time to feel sorry for me or congratulate me on discovering a new knitting method? Or, is it just time to clean up my house?

1 comment:

Cactusneedles said...

I like the way that toe looks!