When last you saw my cabled hoodie, it was completed and ready to go. I blocked it and let it dry. Then, as DS#2 owed my one more try on, he tried it on. (But no picture even though I had the camera in my hand).
The next day, the hoodie became this:
I tried reasoning with it, but no matter how much I tried, it just wasn't going to fit a real person.
Of any shape.
The sleeves were nice and long but the body was short and loose. (It was supposed to be a shorter waisted sweater but it just wasn't working right.) The worst part was that the shoulders were too snug for anyone. Especially someone with really long arms and a short waist. Also, the hood was a bit loose so this person had to have a neck like a giraffe.
In the meantime, I used the leftover yarn to make a pair of socks. (Doublestranding Patons Classic Merino Denim Marl with a sock weight light blue yarn. 36 sts, 36 rows.)
They turned out great, but used up the rest of the yarn.
So. Considering that I wanted to make the body longer I had to lose the hood.
The body became 3-4 inches longer and the ribbed collar looks nice. (I did not try it on either child, but I did get it over my head so it should be good. And done. And good and done.)
The sweater and socks were joined with 2 other sweaters and a vest--all that you've seen before but just waiting for a place to go.
And they're going to children in Akkol, Kazakakhstan.
Packed up and in the mail today. Now, to cast on for some socks!