Tuesday, March 24, 2009

25 Years

I walked into work today, which is at a retail store, and was greeted by 3-4 co-workers all exclaiming, "Ruth! You got flowers!"

"Are they from my husband?" I asked.

"I don't know, I didn't read the card."

Oh, ok. Good for you. (In this same conversation I also got a "can you work late today?" Back to the real world.)

Well, they were. From my husband. On the occasion of our 25th anniversary of our wedding.

Beautiful flowers.



The real kind that actually smell like roses (and not like the silk kind that we sell that might smell vaguely of dust.)



They sat in the office while I worked and I visited them a couple of times. I felt special all day long (and remembered to bring them home. Yeah, me!)

(And I have to tell this story since DH knew I would. I took a couple of flower pictures but they weren't that great. When DH got home, I asked him to take a photo or two. Two hours and 80 pictures later, he had two pictures for me. Well, he did have 78 more, but I picked two.)

We went out to dinner over the weekend at Red Lobster, which is the same place we've been going to for years and years. (I'm big on tradition. We even found a Red Lobster one year when we were away at one of DS's baseball games.)

I also got a ring. DH wanted to get me a new set, but I didn't want to trade up. I love my originals and they have such sentimental value. The new band matches well and I can wear it to work without worrying about it. (Too much.)




Here we were 25 years ago. (Everybody together now, "Awww, they look so young!")



Twenty-five years ago I never would've been able to predict my life. It's been wonderful and more than I could've imagined. I love him, and am looking forward to the next 25!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy anniversary!!! 25 years says a lot these days. Beautiful flowers and gorgeous band.

Carol said...

Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it's been 25 years!

valéria said...

Happy anniversary and how romantic that your husband send those gorgeous flowers, can understand that you love him ;o) And what a pretty bride!!! Great photo :o)

Diane said...

Happy anniversary. Beautiful flowers, beautiful ring, and lovely wedding picture.

Cactusneedles said...

Wow! Congrats!

Tina - omme i London said...

Awwwww - that's SO lovely. Happy Silver wedding anniversary. Here's to another 25 years of married bliss. :)

JakkiMitch said...

Congratulations! Lovely flowers - And ring!

~Lynn~ said...

Congratulations!!! The next 25 get easier, trust me!!! We are hitting 39 in a few weeks.
Love reading your blog. Your work is beautiful.