Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday afternoon

This is one of my favorite days of the year--the day that I can sleep in for an extra hour without feeling guilty. Ahhh....

Except this morning, I woke up out of a nightmare and couldn't go back to sleep.

The nightmare? I was at my hair stylist having my hair colored (for the first time, since I always do that at home). All these famous people were in the shop doing different things to my hair and when I got the bill it was $900! I was speechless and then I woke up. It was one of those dreams that almost felt real and I'm now a bit leary about going to the stylist in case she talks me into some color, and we all know how much that will cost!

Other than that, this in one of my favorite days of the year. The trees are all pretty colors and it's pleasant weather.



In case anyone's wondering, DD#2 got the long-anticipated call telling her she made the basketball team. And as predicted, not all friends made it, so there's mixed feelings about the whole thing.



Practices will be starting in a couple of weeks, so there will be plenty of time to do my stealth knitting that shows in the right corner of the above picture. I'm calling it "VeryBig" because...it's very big. It'll be tough to finish by Christmas, but I'm going to give it a try.

My Wedge scarf has been sitting around waiting for some blocking. In the meantime, here's a couple of pictures.

I haven't cut the yarn yet, so if it doesn't block and stretch out to be long enough, I have the option to knit some more.



Short rows are placed in between rows of garter stitch which provide lots of visual interest.



The wedges would show up better with smooth yarn, but this had exactly the right colors, so I'm fine with it.

Now....it's time to make some noise. If I'm not napping on a Sunday afternoon, then nobody should be. Especially when it's every member of my family in this house but me. Maybe I'll go and bang around some pots and pans.

1 comment:

Diane said...

$900 to get your hair colored? That would be a nightmare.