Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Potential vs. Kinetic

Since I've been knitting but I'm only about 2" further along on my sock, I'll skip the photo. Instead, I present DD#2's science project. It's not the big, dreaded science project that creeps up upon us every year. This is just a little one night project that we can handle without shreeks and meltdowns and crying and hiding in the corner. But that's just me.

This is her project on Potential vs. Kinetic Energy

1. Potential: Getting ready to mix the pumpkin bread. (These were loaves 1-3 out of 9 that we baked this weekend.)




Kinetic: Mixing the pumpkin bread. (these loaves went with DD to school for a Freedom Feast, which they forgot about for her class and instead fed them to a different class. Bitter? Not a bit.)



2. Potential: DS getting ready to kick the ball.



Kinetic: DS kicking the ball. (In the house? Of course. Where else could that happen, anyway?)




3. Potential: Getting ready to jump (that's quite a sneaky look, isn't it?)




Kinetic: Jumping. (Look at that height!)



P.S. Dear teachers who gave my kids homework today,

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IT'S THANKSGIVING BREAK AND THEY WILL FORGET ABOUT IT UNTIL 2 MINUTES BEFORE GETTING ON THE BUS NEXT MONDAY? Thanks a bunch for a fun-filled weekend.

No comments: