Saturday, November 29, 2008

Craftiness

I've been knitting and knitting. I've finished my first sock. Feeling all happy, I tried it on.

Too short.

I've made about a bazillion socks, including about 10 pairs for me. How can I mess up that badly? I used to finish the toe but not cut the yarn in case it was too short or too long. Confidence got me this time, though. I cut the yarn and even hid the end. Sigh.

Since I have nothing to show you, I thought I'd show a couple of finished objects from DD#2.

This is her glow-in-the-dark scarf which actually got finished yesterday. It took a total of 24 hours to make (with the necessary bathroom breaks. And naps. And snacks.) It's really cool 'cause it really really glows. What fun for the morning bus ride, huh? (Yes, it is completely dark at that time.)



In an unrelated craft (although it falls into the category of playing with anything nearby), she decided to braid a piece of lasagna.



She's becoming more and more like me each day. I remember sitting at the dining room table and my parents periodically removing everything within my reach. The candle (what fun to get wax on your finger then peel it off as it dries), the salt and pepper shakers, my knife and fork. This was interchanged with "put the chair on all four legs".

Also, she's already cast on for another scarf. (Shhh.....don't tell. I think she's becoming a knitter.)

No comments: