Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Update

I have finished the first sock of Spring Forward. (And I'm slightly worried that I didn't immediately cast on for sock #2. I don't usually get Second Sock Syndrome, so I hope I don't catch it this time.)



It has been fun to knit, but at the end I decided to take a mini-break and knit this sweater ornament. It's a pattern on Dawn Brocco's blog and this is my version.



It turns out to be about the size for a Barbie doll. That might be a bit big for a tree, so I'll have to see if I have DK weight yarn and make a smaller version.

I returned the leftover skeins from the VeryBig project and got two skeins of sock yarn, with $.24 to my credit. That's the way to do it--a new pair of socks that will cost me nothing.



Now if only I can get them knitted up, it's getting cold around here!

No comments: