Friday, October 31, 2008

October Roundup

Stop the presses! I'm doing an October Roundup and it's still October! Next thing you know I'll be blogging more than once a week. (Don't hold your breath, though, we're knee deep into Christmas at my workplace. At least Halloween is over, so we won't be celebrating both holidays at once like we've been since mid-July.)

Anyway, back to the roundup.

1. First, I finished a wool toddler sweater, my first "official" guernsey. This will be gifted somewhere still to be decided. CIC is full up at the moment, so I'll have to decide where else it should go.

2. Next, I finished the Shimmer shrug for me--with some acrylic yarn to take the wear and tear at work. (I'm really regretting not using Cascade 220, but that's the way it goes. I'm not doing it over again.)

3. The Hew shrug was made for DD#2, again in acrylic, but this time she asked for it. Knowing that wool instantly bothers her, I was fine with it. Especially since it only took 1.5 skeins.

4. Baby Jaquard afghan for brandnew Dillon in Hawaii. Even a baby born on a tropical isle needs a blankie!

That was pretty productive, even if I do say so myself. :)

No comments: