Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Weekend baseball knitting

















What else do I do on my weekends but baseball and knitting? We listened/watched DS#1's game from the comfort of our air conditioned house, while DS#2's game wasn't hot as much as it was buggy.

This weekend's baseball knitting involved a hat. Surprised?

Not just an ordinary hat, though. I decided to try knitting fair isle by holding one color of yarn in each hand. It was somwhat successful. My hands cramped up from holding the yarn differently, but I could get it going a little bit faster than my "drop one color, pick up the other" method.

The main thing I have to work on is tension. I'm pulling the black too tightly, so the pink puckers.



This is a cool pattern called Lillehammer from Cider Moon. Check out their patterns here.

(Yes, my sons ARE adorable.)

1 comment:

Diane said...

LOVE THE BLACK AND PINK COMBO. REALLY LOOKS GREAT. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH TENSION; CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT RIGHT.