Sunday, May 06, 2007

MDSW Loot

My guest photographer came over today and took some pictures for me. Thanks for keeping my posts from getting too boring. There's truth in the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" especially if I'm trying to describe a color.

Here's what I bought at MDSW yesterday.

First, this is inexpensive 100% wool yarn (read: long line) that will mostly be used for CIC knitting. I bought some of the white 2 years ago and found it to be the most versitile. It can be used as is, or dyed all sorts of different colors.



It's hard to see from the picture, but the other skeins of yarn all coordinate together--interesting variegated shades.

I bought a felted ball that will become a pincushion since my tomato pincushion is in sad shape. (I may have to cut it open--I know there are several needles hiding in the middle.)

Here's my two skeins of sock yarn. Expensive (read: this is for me), but I consider it worthwhile. The top skein is "Socks That Rock" in the Tonalite colorway. Black, grey, white. I've never tried STR before, so this will be fun.



The bottom skein is from Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm. I had gotten a purple skein last year and loved my socks so much that I wanted another pair.

As a reward for DD#2 surviving the day (she has a cold/allergies so I gave her a Benedryl which made her sleepy) I bought her some earrings.



Little handmade glass frogs. Just the thing to buy from a sheep festival!

1 comment:

Diane said...

What great stuff! I love the earrings. So cute.