Thursday, March 29, 2007

New socks and CIC vest

The socks are done. It's a good thing, too, since I'm totally out of socks and need to do laundry in the worst way. It's gotten to the point of "Which really dirty jeans should I wear today?" and... "Which ones are the loosest?"



My kids saw them and gave the helpful comment, "don't you already have ones like that?"

NO, they're totally different! See?



(My old ones, in fact the second pair of socks I've ever made, are on the right.)

My CIC vest is also done. And huge. But done. Since it's for a big kid, I'm assuming the big kid will be as big as me, since it fits me pretty well.



The pattern is What's in my Pocket Vest using size 8 (kid size) with bulky White Buffalo yarn and size 15 needles which results in a size large in ladies (medium in mens).

The teal at the top is called a design element. That's a fancy term for "I ran out of yarn right before the bind off, so I hope this looks good.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love your new socks. Gotta love those days when you are smelling dirty shirts to figure out which one can make it through another day. lol