Friday, March 16, 2007

Knitting!

Check out my newest CIC sweater which just got finished tonight.



I followed the basic directions from Marguerite's pattern for the 36" size, but knit it plain instead of using the cable pattern.

The yarn:
White Buffalo 3 ply for the brown
WB 6 ply for the yellow that I split in half
Left over Lamb's Pride worsted (double strand) for the red

The needles: Size 10.5 (Because that the only size that I have 5 large dpns.)

I like the stripes, except if I were to do it again I'd make the red 2 rows tall. The sleeves seem short, but when I measure them they're 18". That should be plenty long enough.



I actually bound off the neck edge as the pattern directed, then added the yellow and red rolled collar afterwards. White Buffalo doesn't rip out well, so I just left the bound off stitches.

I'm not sure I'd buy White Buffalo again. (By the way, White Buffalo is the brand, there is no buffalo fiber in the yarn--it's 100% wool.) It rips too easy. Also, I tend to tug at my yarn at times which doesn't work with this yarn. (My teal cardie is also WB, so I'm sure I'll be knitting it again. Just not buying a new supply.) It seems incredibly warm and thick, though, which is the goal, after all.

(As always, the wonders of blocking will completely fix any imperfections in the knitting.) (Hanging on to hope....)

(This is quite a boring post. Congrats on making it to the end!)

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Nice looking sweater. You've got a good eye for design and I love the colors you picked for the stripes.

I didn't find your post boring at all. Many knitters find the detailed facts interesting. When I leave them out, I always get asked and have found it's best to just tell it all, even if I think it's boring.

Diane said...

Your sweater can out wonderful. The red and yellow give it a nice touch.