Tuesday, February 28, 2006

More wristwarmers

Had fun participating in the Olympics, but didn't finish. Hands were hurting too much, and I was getting distracted by handwarmers so I took a break.

Here's the DK weight handwarmers, size small, that I finished. My model has the smallest ladies' hands that I know. She was a sport, too, since it was c-o-o-o-o-l-d outside. (Yep, the cup was just a prop. I would've shown true appreciation if I had filled it with a piping hot cup of coffee.)

I'll be modifying my pattern soon with the additional instructions for DK weight.

There's no reason for this picture, other than---what a cute flower shape it made as I used the yarn!

The things that amuse me!

I made 2 pairs of garter stitch wristwarmers, as a break from ribbing. (My brain has been saying, "uggh, ribbing..." for a week now.) They are super simple and are denser than st st.

I cast on 40 sts and knit for 56 rows, making a 7" x 9" rectangle.

Here's my stripes--just changing colors every 2 rows and carrying the yarn up the side. Sewed them together when done, leaving a hole for the thumb.

Took them to my LYS to add to the pile they're collecting for CIC. No matter how many times I told myself to take a picture, I still forgot. I'll be making more, though and can get a picture then.

No comments: