Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day One

It's Day One of the Knitter's Olympics, and here I am getting ready to cast on.

"But Mom, the Olympics haven't started yet, so you can't start yet."

"But Son, it's 7:50 p.m. and this is a picture just for effect. I won't ACTUALLY cast on for the next 10 minutes."

(In case anyone's worried, behind the pile of yarn is a pile of chocolate.)

Why is it, that on normal days I get zero phone calls between the hours of 7 and 8, but last night I got a bunch? (To be fair, I made a couple of those calls. Well, maybe 3. Or 4.) We have an impending snowstorm to worry about. All three of today's events got cancelled. More knitting time for me!

Here's what I got done on Day One. Notice the lack of snow. Next picture, there should be 6-12".

In figuring out how to determine how much I've got done, I realized that I have 16 balls of yarn, and there are 16 days of knitting. Hmmmm.....let's see if I can do the math.....

One ball of yarn per day? But....I need a day for seaming and blocking. So I have to get ahead by one ball. (Nevermind the fact that I'm already behind. We'll ignore that.)

I'm already complaining about the pattern. I mean, really. a turtleneck sweater that is all over ribbing? How crazy am I?

Knitwit asked me where I got my progress markers. I got them right here from indigirl. (This link doesn't currently seem to be working, however. Hopefully it'll be up again in a couple of days.) They come with code that you put in your template.

Off to knit and watch for the first snowflakes.

1 comment:

Knit Wit said...

hey Ruth :) It's Mandie from the wool soaker group, BTW!

Check indigirl's blog site, she has a comment in there about if your trackers aren't working

http://www.indigirl.com/blog/

thanks for the heads up, I left her a message to get them.