Monday, April 11, 2005

Surreal

I was all excited. Wound my yarn into balls. Reformulated my soaker pattern for two needles and printed a test copy. Packed my needles (and sunscreen, and food, and drinks.) DS#1 was finally pitching in a game close enough for us to go for the day. I figured I had time to knit in the car, while the first game was finishing, between innings, and on the way home.

See what I got done?

Just the ribbing. Well, just the ribbing, twice, but I ripped it out the first time.

It was just too exciting being there and watching the game--couldn't concentrate enough on the knitting, so finally put it away.

It wasn't just the excitement, though that kept me from knitting. It was also
I'm hungry.
I'm thirsty.
I need sunscreen.
I need the bathroom.
She just threw up.
I'm bored.

By the time DS#1's game started, I was done! with everything!

Here he is.

I tell him, when I see a picture like this:
How does your arm bend that way? Mine doesn't. It's just not possible!

He insists it's normal (and when I look at other pictures of other pitchers, their arms bend the same way.) Still, when it's your kid, it's hard to believe.

That's not the only thing that I have a hard time believing. It's that my baby, who was toddling around the house just a year ago or so, is close to realizing his lifelong dream of pitching for a major league team. He's had scouts from at least 7 teams taking a serious look at him. And I personally talked to 4 yesterday.

Only time will tell what will happen, but it's looking more and more likely.

I don't know how to describe it--it's totally surreal.

No comments: