Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A BIG BOX OF YARN!!!

TODAY I GOT A BOX OF YARN IN THE MAIL!!!! (As the all caps indicate, I AM SHOUTING 'cause I'm so excited!!! 'Cause it was a really big box with a whole lot of yarn in it!!!!)



I ordered yarn from Smileys--they had a really good sale on wool yarn. Mittens_4_Akkol is gearing up to knit for the grads again this year and I signed up for a grad sweater. I was hoping to find a grad whose favorite color was beige, but there wasn't one. (Maybe not too surprising, but it's just that I have a sweater's worth of beige yarn just begging to be made into a sweater.) The grads were asked to list their favorite 3 colors in order of preference, and about half of them listed black or navy blue first. I decided to bite the bullet and knit a black hoodie, and hence, that's why I needed some new yarn!

20 skeins of Filatura Lanarota Rich Wool in black (at $1.50 per 50 gram skein, who can beat that?). This have enough leftover to stripe another sweater. Or something. It's always nice to have extra black yarn hanging around.




4 skeins of red to make a red stripe, and 16 skeins of FL Wool Sprinkles in blue (for extra.)(Or maybe for me.)



2 skeins of FL Fashion toes for socks. Of course.



The black hoodie will be my first new item to cast on, but maybe I'll need to finish an item or two first.

Or not.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Oh the smell of new yarn hot from the mail LOL :)