Saturday, December 13, 2008

Knitting for others

I've been tossing around an idea of making Sundays in 2009 a day of knitting for others. I tend to do a reasonable amount of charity knitting anyway, but I thought it would be interesting to concentrate on doing it on a specific day each week.

So, I decided to try it out last week. I spun a bit more homespun to finish the hat, so last Sunday it was spun, washed, and dried and I finished this hat.



52 sts, size 9 needles. 1x1 rib, just enough homespun to finish it.

The problem I had, though, is stopping.

I then cast on for this hat:



White Buffalo 3 ply unspun brown mixed with rust sock weight. 48 sts, 1x1 rib, size 11 needles.

And then, there's the vest (this was not done all on Sunday. The vest was just finished today).



White Buffalo 3 ply unspun brown mixed with white handspun (not mine). Normal "What's in my pocket" vest pattern, size 4 (that looks much larger), size 11 needles.

Not that it's a problem continuing my charity knitting throughout the week (I already have tomorrow's charity knitting picked out). It's just I can't seem to stop.

Anyone want to join me in 2009?

1 comment:

JakkiMitch said...

What a great idea! I'm in!

Except - today, I'm going to try to finish socks [Christmas gift] for my mother. If I do finish the 2nd sock, I'll start a knit cap for charity.

I have a lot of stashed yarn that I'd like to use up. Probably enough to keep me busy for at least all of the Sundays till summer, if not longer.