Thursday, August 14, 2008

Glasses (again!) and Pair #2

I've had a common theme running around here: "Hey, has anyone seen my glasses? I seem to have misplaced them." It just seems to never end (and I might have to take back all the teasing I did to DH, who started using reading glasses a couple of years before me and continuously did the same thing.)

Finally, I found a pair (actually two, for some reason they were hiding together) under some old mail on the breakfast bar.

It took about 11 hours to break one of the pairs. Now, these are only $1 glasses, so no great monetary loss. However, I'm afraid to throw them out since I never know when I'll need them. So far I have 3 pairs of these lying around.



Even if I'm reading crookedly (and getting teased by whatever child is nearby), at least I'm reading. If this keeps up, I'll soon have a broken pair in every room of the house.

Wait, this is a knitting blog, right? Okay, then let's talk about knitting.

I'm behind.

Surprised?

I'm not even behind for any spectacular reason other than.... I am.

However, I'm not behind toooooo far, so I have hopes of catching up. Here's the second pair of socks for Ravelympics.



They're knitted using the first skein of green yarn that I dyed using the light variegated skein. The pattern is fun: Marguerite's mini-basketweave toddler pattern, using 28 sts and sz. 5 dpns.

What's behind that bag, you ask?

Well, I made a trip to my LYS today for some green sock yarn (yes, more green yarn), but instead I came home with this:



For awhile I really didn't think I needed this book, but I've since changed my mind and decided that I really did. (It wasn't an impulse buy, honest.)

An unexpected thing: There are several different baby sock patterns in there, one for each different type of increase. I can finish my Ravelympics event and make socks from my new book all at the same time!

No comments: