Friday, April 04, 2008

Another hat, and a swatch

As previously stated, I wasn't done with hats. Here's hat #5:



It was easy to use up oddballs and still make this hat look like someone would actually want to wear it. (A baby might not complain a whole lot, but then again, she might.)


I have more oddballs left, but I'll have to come up with a plan on how to use them. Maybe I'll fall back on the ever useful plan of "stripe them with black, so even if they look bad together, the black will make it all seem better."

In the meantime, I've moved on to swatching.



Not that swatching ever means a whole lot to me, since as we all know....swatches lie.

But, I go through the motions anyway.

This is Uruguay DK in a kahki color. I bought a bagful on sale, so now I have to figure out what to do with it. I'm swatching for a summer top pattern. Even if the gauge doesn't come out right, I'll probably still buy the pattern and adjust it accordingly. This will guarantee at least 3 more times of ripping it out before it fits.

I'm off to measure my swatch (and then ignore it.)

1 comment:

valéria said...

What a funny and cute hat, I would have put it on my sons head if he was a baby. Protest or not ;)