Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Productive Day

Even though I haven't done a bit of knitting, it's still been a productive day.

Shopping was done, lunch was enjoyed, and a new light was installed in my foyer.



I was a good supervisor, while DS#1 did the work. Playing with my camera, I came up with this picture. The above picture is the way it actually looks, but this is cool, huh?



Christmas cards were finished and a batch of cookies was baked.

"What do you mean you need a present for tomorrow?"

"Oh, honey, while you're out can you buy...."

The tree was decorated by DS#2 and DD#2. I always announce that so if ornaments look clumped together and the branches aren't fluffed, then it's not my fault. But the kids get points for doing it all themselves. (Kinda like when they were little I'd always announce "She got dressed all by herself this morning!")

Some penguin ornaments were made.



They joined this year's other new penguin friends.



Is it a gaggle of penguins? A group? A flock?

My new knitting ornament was added (thanks, RB!) (Don't blink or the knitting content will pass you right by!)




Wonder what DS#2's doing? (And why doesn't he get a haircut already--does he want a ponytail? And why is there paint all over the chair? Was there a recent painting accident? And why do the garlands all meet at this point? Hey, have I told you that the kids decorated the tree all by themselves?

I digress. Back to the main question.)



Can you see what's in the tree?

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you guess which thing is not like the others?
Now it's time to play our game.
It's time to play our game.
(Anyone remember that from Sesame Street? It most likely has some words wrong, but it's close.)






Here's a pic of the lower branches.






G. I. Joes. Doesn't everyone have them in his tree?

3 comments:

Diane said...

When my kids were younger we use to have a family tree in the living room and a tree that belonged to them in their bedroom. The bedroom trees were about 4' tall and could be decorated anyway they wanted. They loved it and it kept the GI Joes off the family tree.

Love the new light.

Cactusneedles said...

My LittleOne likes to put her toys on the tree too. I think the kids think it's cool to see them there!

Alison said...

We have four handcarved wooden ornaments on our tree right now, and other than that, only the lights that came with it(the hubby caved to the need to take it easy, and bought a fake tree last year.) I thought the kids would go at it when they got home from college. Their reaction? Oh good, less to take down and put away later.