Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Monkey socks

Dog lovers everywhere will be pleased to know that our dog is still among the living. The most punishment he got yesterday was several stern looks from me.

In case you're interested in more details... I was painting the foyer yesterday where the dog stepped in the paint tray, proceeded down the hall and into the carpeted bedroom (where the pics were taken).

Ever watch "America's Funniest Home Videos" and wonder why did they keep filming when some disaster happened rather than dropping the camera and running to help? Well, we didn't discover the prints until they were already dried up, so that's why I could take the time to take the pictures.

The prints in the hallway were on subflooring, so no biggie. The carpet in the bedroom is old, but there's no plans on replacing it in the near future. (Or maybe now there is.)

Someday, this will be a funny story, right?

Moving on....

The beginning of my day went well. I went to the DMV to renew my driver's license and it took a total of 10 minutes. I went to the post office to mail some packages, and there was no one in line. I went to the dump to throw out trash. (Not that exciting, but necessary.)

First, though, I finished my monkey socks.



I refrained from wearing them until these pictures were taken, but now I think I'll wear them to work tomorrow.

Details: Monkey socks by Cookie A., knit in 10 days on size TWO dpns not modifying the pattern at all--64 sts and the same number of repeats. The yarn is Socks That Rock medium weight (argh--I've been keeping track of the loose ballband for awhile, but can I find it now that I want to know the color name? Nope.) in a nice black/white/gray variegated.

The colors swirled, so if you look at the socks this way you can see the gray,




but if you look at them this way, the black/white is predominant. Alslo, it camoflauges my reading glasses.




Did you see them?

2 comments:

valéria said...

Is it stormy weather...the colorway? I googled ;) and i'm on ravelry so searched there as i can not look al the colors on blue moon...they're only for members to enjoy.

I'm glad the dog survived ;) I hope you're able to clean the paint from your floor.

The monkeysocks look pretty and the glasses also ;) it's a great pattern isn't it?

take care.
valeria :)

Cactusneedles said...

Those socks are great! I'm glad your doggie is still with you! (And, yes, one day it will be a funny story!)