Sunday, June 24, 2007

Famous last words

"You got what? A bearded dragon?" I asked my son way back in the beginning of the year.




"So....what are you going to do with him when you come home?"


In the spring, he got a female bearded dragon.



"So...what are you going to do with them when you come home?"

"They'll come with me. They're no problem and you won't have to do anything with them."

I saw them first-hand in May.

"Aren't they cute?" (Not that DS actually said cute. I'm sure it was whatever the current equivalent of "cute" is, but I can't remember.)



"Oh, and the female is pregnant. She'll be laying her eggs soon."

"So....what are you going to do with them when you come home?"

Within an hour of his getting settled on the train, the female started having the eggs.


"What? Eggs? Let's hatch them!" my husband said as he rushed out to set up an incubator.



They take 50 to 70 days to hatch. DS will be gone by then. The dragons will go back with him. The eggs? They stay with us. We can sell them back to the pet store, but I'm thinking that one or two will end up with us.

Today, they had a bath.



So....that's my answer. At least I haven't had to feed them yet.

No comments: