The Katrina Rib sweater is done. I have knitted eleventy-seven more rows onto the bottom for that extra inch. The men in my family were asked to give an opinion.
"Is it long enough?" I asked yesterday.
"Make it a bit longer," they both replied.
As I debated with them, they started to smile uncertainly and back away towards the door. They looked like deer caught in the headlights, afraid that the next question would be "do I look fat in this?"
Anyway, I took their advice and am satisfied.
The sweater hasn't been blocked yet (nor the pants ironed), but I'm happy.
Pattern notes: Katrina Rib sweater by Cookie A., written shortly after Hurricane Katrina happened and where she donated $ for each pattern purchase. The traveling rib in the front reminds me a bit of a hurricane.
US size 6 needles, using the small pattern size because I used worsted weight rather than DK weight yarn (I did a swatch, with actually worked!). It looks very skinny and long, so if you do this pattern, try it on.
The yarn was Cascade Sierra, 80% pima cotton, 20% wool. The color really is royal purple, even though in the pictures it can look blue. I had at least half of a skein left over, so it took four skeins. (The sleeves directions were: pick up stitches, knit in pattern for TWO rows, bind off. Not much yarn usage there, even when I doubled it and did FOUR rows.)
It was started on June 1st, so took only 17 days, with a break in the middle. Definitely a nice pattern.