Friday, September 01, 2006

Playing with color

As you can see, I've been playing with my blog colors. Waddaya think, too dark?

We lost electricity today for about 4 hours due to Ernesto. It's nice to get it back (hence this blog), but it's always kind of fun to come up with things to do in the meantime.

I was asked how I dye such bright colors. I use Wilton icing colors (the little pots of gel). For a whole skein of yarn I probably used a teaspoon of Wilton (I never measure) and some white vinegar (a big glug) in my crockpot, added the yarn, and stirred a few times. I probably left it in for a couple of hours, but it really only needs to be left until the water is clear. The purple tends to split into variations of blue, purple, and red, but since I like it like that, it's all good.

No comments: