Monday, September 11, 2006

I won the Milk War!

I'm sure you're all waiting with baited breath to see what Saturday's project turned out to be. Well...here it is...ready?

I mowed the lawn. Three fourths of the lawn, anyway. Half the back yard is not done. Too many branches to mow over (Not that I do that. No sir.) and not enough time in between birthday party pickups and drop offs to rake. However, I did do the part that the neighbors can see (right, neighbors?). Finishing the lawn will be tomorrow's project.

Mowing the lawn also meant....no grocery store. Which meant....no milk for my coffee.

Saying, "Why didn't you pick up milk on one of the many birthday party trips" means that you have no idea of the geography around here. There WAS no place to pick up milk. Well, none that I frequent. I believe the liquor store sells milk....Anyway, I had no milk.

The next day, DH says to me, "I bet I can last longer with no soda that you can with no milk."

"Ha!" I say. "I have you beat hands down. I found an old milk cup of DS's in the frig and I've already used it twice. There's a drip in the bottom that I can use for my next cup, and then I have vanilla ice cream. And then the powdered stuff when I get desperate."

He went out and bought some milk and some soda (very quickly, and slightly disgusted. Alright, a lot disgusted.) He tried not to think too hard about my previous statement.

I bet you're wondering how long that milk cup was in the frig? I'm not sure. And I'm trying not to think about it.....

Moving right along, here's my knitting progress:



While I enjoy knitting on different projects throughout the day, it's hard to see the difference between one day and the next. Just take my word for it.

And take a swig of milk to help me celebrate me winning the Milk War!

No comments: