Wednesday, September 20, 2006

White Buffalo

Here are a few close-ups of my White Buffalo yarn. (In case you're picturing roaming the land looking for a white buffalo, I'm sorry to tell you that it's a brand of wool.)

I have 3-ply White Buffalo. It's wound on cakes of yarn that look like this. (Hand used for reference.) The three ply are wound together on the cakes. Separating the plies is not for the faint of heart.



They are not spun in anyway--together or separately. The slightest pull (or, the jumping up from the couch to answer the phone) will pull them apart.



Even so, knitting with the three strands held together has not been as horrible as I thought. I'm using metal needles, so the yarn slides around. I'm trying not to make mistakes, and if I do, I'm tinking and not frogging.


(I can hear your brain thinking. I DO try not to make mistakes. Really. I DO!)

It's going to be a warm cardigan for me. So far I have only used one cake, and this is 9" of the body.

Think I'll need all 8 cakes?

No comments: