Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gifts given

The t
I wrote that and then ate supper. I wonder what I was starting to say....

The tiger exploded.
The torch was passed.
The truck drove 5000 miles per hour.
The triangles are all isoceles.
The trapezoids were squished.

None of those are it. Okay, I'll start over again.
_____________

I didn't knit many Christmas gifts this year. I made Sixth sense socks, blogged about here, for my MIL. The NY trip was delayed due to the incredible amount of snow we got, so if you know her, don't tell her about them, 'kay?

The Chouwi socks (from Judy Sumner's book) were finished for RB. She's the one with the tiny feet and is always a pleasure to knit for. (Plus, I usually have to rip out some rows. What do you mean I'm ready for the toe? Surely not already!)




The last thing I made was an elephant for DD#1. She's been wanting this for months now, tried to knit a leg, gave up (it's very fiddly), and endlessly begged for it for Christmas.

She received the body and legs.

The rest was finished the next day.



















Pictures by DD.
Pattern: Elefante by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Red Heart stripes (I don't remember the name, but I like the yarn) plus some yellow for the head.

1 comment:

valéria said...

Hi ruth...couldn't respond as I somehow lost my googleaccount?? Don't know how that happened. I just love the elephant and that we were both making them :o)