Thursday, December 03, 2009

Ahhh....a day off

It's a wonderful thing: I have a day off today.

I'm not going anywhere, not even the grocery store. (Hey, we have milk and bread and coffee and chocolate. What else do we need?) I do have to go out twice to pick up the kids, but I'm not going anywhere else.

So far I have done a load of dishes, 2 loads of laundry, and vacuumed. I also sorted through my clothes and got out the winter ones (it is December, after all, and sooner or later we have to be getting cold weather and not just more rain.)

I've decided to try to shrink my teal cardigan from several years ago so it's now in the washer. (I'm afraid to look to see what happened, so when I get up the courage I'll check it out and maybe blog about it tomorrow.)

Here's where I am with my knitting:

I made some mittens to match the hat:



I've started the Mirepoix bodice. I've been knitting it inside out to hopefully help with the tension,



but here it is right sides out. It still looks rather blurry, but it's too hard to spread out. (I'm going with no pink and hopefully that's the right decision since I won't be at all interested in ripping this out and trying again.)



I'm on square 11 on the Curve of Pursuit afghan. It's getting too big to take a good picture, but not big enough to stop. I'm still loving it, though.



I've been making the Chouwi socks from Judy Sumner's book "Knitted Socks East and West" and they're a lot of fun. I've run out of yarn, though, so ordered some more yarn that will hopefully coordinate with this.



And, I might've cast on for another hat. I have nothing portable (see above) and there's a lot of this in our future.



DD#2 made the JV basketball team and there's a game tomorrow.

And I have nothing to knit!

No comments: