Saturday, November 14, 2009

Socks and rain

I'm quite happy that those of you in Florida, and up the coast, did not get hit by the hurricane.

Truly, I am.

However....

The remains of the system have been hovering over our area for four days now, and that's enough.

Sloggly, slushy rain. Blech.

We have a science project to finish around here, people, that must be done outside using a dry driveway. (We meaning DS#2, but also me as the one who pushes children into hurrying along.) That project is due on Monday. Not the display board, but all the other work that goes along with the experiment, including data and charts and experiment results and such.

Dry, driveway, dry!

While the project is not getting done, my socks did!




Yarn: Collinette Jitterbug frangipana 145 (who knows what color this is really--I can't read it).
Pattern: Sixth Sense Socks from 6SoxKAL
Size 1 dpns, following the pattern as written.

Lovely, cushy socks!

DH and I both had the day off yesterday (a minor miracle). We decided to go shopping and we went to a bookstore where he told me to pick out a book.

And I did!

I was checking out each knitting book, but nothing was quite catching my eye when I saw this:



Knitted Socks East and West by Judy Sumner! I've been wanting it for awhile and snatched it up and it became mine! (Using a couple of coupons made it practically free which was just icing on the cake.) Judy is a poster on the KnitTalk group and it's even more special to own a book from someone I almost know. Plus, the book is lovely with fun patterns.

With the last pair of socks done, it's time to cast on for a new pair. Now, if I can only decide which one!

2 comments:

valéria said...

Oh I love new books and those socks look very pretty, I love the colors and they're just gorgeous.

I never mind rain, it means more knitting time and candlelights and eating winterfoods. I tend to get cozy when it's raining outside. The more the merrier ;o)

Lynn said...

Great book!!!

Oh and sorry abt the rain. We really could have used it too. Hopefully you're driveway will dry out soon.