Monday, October 13, 2008

Shimmer

As promised, here's my finished Shimmer shrug as modeled by me. (DH just came into the room so I showed him this picture. He commented that I cut off part of my head to which I replied, "That's because I hadn't dyed my hair yet and I had a nice section of grey roots that I didn't want to show." Cropping is a wonderful tool.)



My sleeves were 3/4 length---that is, until I washed them and then they became short, long sleeves. I used 2 1/2 skeins of Red Heart Soft in black which....grows when it gets washed.

Or maybe the back got stretched out. Either way, it wasn't quite what I wanted. But it was fun to do, especially the back.



I have to wear this with a black shirt, so the diamonds probably get lost. But I know that they're there. I've worn it several times to work and am really liking it. If I had to do it over, though, I'd use Cascade 220.

2 comments:

valéria said...

Hi ruth, that looks great. Very smart and now I want to make one too...but....too much ufo's and am knitting a cardigan/sweater for DS :o) That goes first.

Have a great day and ehm.....yeah..of cours I had to show off my new bowl ;O) you'r on to me I see??? hehehe..found a freezer box yesterday at the thrift store and am so glad that I'm lucky in finding me some great things of need ath the thrift :o)

hugs.
Valeria.

Cactusneedles said...

It looks great!