Sunday, November 18, 2007

Easily distracted

I've been easily distracted recently. I start a project, put it down, start another one. Stew about the first one for awhile, then start a third. Finish knitting a project, but don't sew in the ends, so it really doesn't count as finished. Print out a pattern for a fourth project, and so on, and so on, and so on.

For some reason, I can be focused at work. I can finish a job and clean up before starting a new one.

Not so at home.

Here's my current project: putting the drawers back in my buffet table. (Check out the new quarter round molding--the dining room floor is done and the first heavy piece of furnature is back in.)



The drawers were removed, and are being sorted out before being replaced. You can see where I stopped. Since sorting the first two drawers, I have brought in 2 containers from the shed and sorted them, dug through my storage under the staircase to weed out some stuff in there. Three bags of trash have been generated.

Does my house look any better? Not at all. (Unless you count my pretty new molding and the empty spot in the living room where the buffet table used to be.)

Do I feel like I accomplished something? Sort of. But now I have to make another trip to the dump.

Here's the start of my third project (or is it my fourth?)



Can anyone guess what it is?

Hint: All knitters should make at least one of these just for the experience.

It's time now to get back to sorting. Or knitting. Hmmm....what a choice. :)

3 comments:

Knit Wit said...

I'm guessing Baby Surprise jacket? Love the colors :)

Dj said...

Baby Surprise Jacket! I'm making my first one right now.

valéria said...

A shawl? Did you get past your easily distracted fase? ;) I know exactly what you mean by that. But lately i can't get past my tired of everything fase ;) But the rogue is calling me so that's my next finishing up project :)

take care.
greets.
valeria