Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Time for some knitting

Guess what came to our house today?



That's right, it's that time of year again. The kids were off to school, and I was home alone. (No, I did NOT embarrass my kids by taking this picture. It's a generic one found on the 'net.)

You may think that I spent the day knitting and spinning, doing all sorts of creative stuff.

The truth is....I vacuumed and went to the dump. Oh, and a load of laundry was done.

In fact, I don't think I've knitted at all.

Hmm...something is wrong with this picture. Don't worry...I'll take of this matter promptly.

In the meantime, I'll show you a couple of pictures.

First, the CIC socks that have been finished. The knots of yarn were un-knotted (some cutting was involved), but there was enough yarn for a complete pair.



They're certainly colorful--but I like them this way.

Also, the Jaywalker socks have been completed and are modeled by DD#2 (my legs would a much lighter shade--not quite pasty white, but close.)



These are actually a late birthday present. I've knitted the equivalent of 7 socks for this pair. (Yes, really. I knitted another pattern about 5 times before finally ripping them out and starting over. When it doesn't work, it doesn't work.)

Now...it's time for dinner....and maybe some knitting....

2 comments:

Diane said...

hurrah for school buses!

Cactusneedles said...

Sounds like me when mine started back at the beginning of the month. I cleaned for two whole days (at least that's what it seemed like):)