Monday, August 20, 2007

Amost an exact match

Ever find yourself following a color theme subconsciously?

For example, when every shirt you buy ends up being blue even when you're trying not to?

DD#2 and I have been clothes shopping, and I'm not sure what color her shirts are, except I know that we've been chanting "no more green" everytime we're in the shirt section. We may find in our effort to buy "no more green" that we have, in fact, bought everything in yellow.

I've been doing that in my knitting the last couple of days. I didn't actually realize this until I took the pictures, and then "wham-o"--how more obvious can it be?

I made another dishcloth, from cotton yarn bought almost a year ago.



In the meantime, I dyed up some wool yarn for use in CIC knitting.



It became apparent as I wound it up.



They're almost an exact match!

1 comment:

Diane said...

When my oldest daughter was going to start nursery school I remember going to 5 different stores to pick up clothes for her. When I got home and unpacked everything I had 3 sweat outfits with ballerina bears on the front. Must be a mom thing.