Sunday, April 08, 2007

Catching up

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever, but I guess it's only been a couple of days.

First, my car is now fixed. It was a problem with the battery and the connections, and not the alternator. I'm grateful for the quick (and not as costly as I expected) fix to the problem.

Second, a very happy birthday to DD#2! She turned 12 on Friday. We squeezed her birthday in between my work and going to church at night. (A birthday party is planned for the end of the month, so there's more time to celebrate.)

Didn't get a picture with her cake ("Wow, mom, trick candles, I never would've expected them!").

However, here's a picture of her feet on her new DDR toy. She's already mastered a lot of dance moves. When I get a chance, I'm going to do it too. Good exercise, huh?




On Saturday morning, I woke up to this:


It's April--go figure! There a bit of snow left in the shady spots, but most of it melted by noon.

Not much knitting has been happening around here, but I did find time to start a CIC vest.


I got the brilliant idea to try adding a dishcloth pattern on the front. This is in a different color, and I already have a mistake. Hopefully I can fix it tonight and move onwards. (My ever present worry: will I run out of yarn? and then what will I do?)

Happy Easter! He is risen indeed!

No comments: