Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sweater is done

And finally... some pictures of another UFO. (That's right, I did just start the whole blog post with the word "And". It's my post, and I can be grammatically incorrect if I want to. And I do.)

I started this sweater in March, so from start to finish it only took me 8 months.

The last time I worked on it, though, was May 29th.

So really, I only worked on it for 4 months.

It was in timeout because of the armholes. There's extra bulk in the armhole area and I didn't know what I wanted to do about it. When I picked it back up, I decided that it was okay and I just left it alone, sewed in the other sleeve, and called it a day.

Was that the right decision?

I'm not so sure.

But considering that it's not so noticiable in pictures, anyway, unless I do poses like this:

I will most likely leave it alone.

I like the waistline detail alot. So much so that I did an extra repeat of the Bellflower Rib (getting carried away....) and then just left it in (laziness). But I like it that way anyway.

The buttons were found at Joann's, and don't show up very much when buttoned, but I like them anyway. (The pics colors are un-retouched, so the difference in color is just standing in the light or in the shadow. The actual color is somewhere in-between.)

Patons Classic wool 6.5 skeins of worn denim, size 4 and 6 needles, 5 buttons rather than 3, 1 extra repeat of Bellflower ribbing, Ladies size Large.

And ta-da! A new sweater to add to my collection!

1 comment:

MamaMidwife said...

Ruth it's gorgeous. I was wonering what happened to that sweater.