Saturday, May 29, 2010

What I've been working on...

There have been massive amounts of track meets/soccer games/baseball games lately, which should mean I've gotten massive amounts of knitting done, but somehow that hasn't worked out.

I can't explain it, really. I still take my knitting where ever I go. Maybe I'm paying more attention to what's going on than normal. Maybe I'm afraid of getting another puncture wound. (I got a slight one at a track meet as I clapped while holding my needles. Not so smart.) Maybe I'm too tired from driving around that I sit in a stupor rather than be productive. Maybe I have nothing to knit that interests me.

Who knows...

These are the socks that have been going with me everywhere and they are finally done.



They were knit on my size 1 square needles using 64 sts and a plain vanilla sock pattern with an afterthought heel.

This pair was not as much fun to do as some. Maybe it was the dark colors (or the hunt I had trying to find black sock yarn.) Maybe it was the square needles that, while incredibly fun to use, felt a bit more rough in my fingers. Maybe it was knitting a really long tube of straight knitting without a heel to give it some interest. Maybe it was the picking up of the heel stitches at the end.

I don't know, but anyway they're done, and even it they weren't very interesting, they're still a nice pair of warm socks for M4A.

I've been working on my spinning in bits and pieces and have been enjoying every minute of it. I've finally broken out my new bobbins (in the middle) and they fit and work well (and maybe sometime I'll finish them.) (Okay, just one is in the middle and one is not in the picture, but they both work.)




And, for my "at home" knitting project, I've been working on my Myrtille cardigan. I've finished knitting the front and back and both sleeves.



Well, both sleeves are done, and one is sewn in, but I don't like the way it looks. I did the pattern differently and fiddled with the shoulder cap and now the shoulder looks too loose. I'll have to figure out what to do with it, so now it's been just sitting around. (And I was so close to completion, too.)

Now I have a quandry of what to knit next?

Cast on for the second snowdrop sock? (One is done, but I'd like both feet to be warm and not just one.)

Cast on for a plain pair? (Track is done but there is still another week of soccer and lots of baseball. And I could use a new pair of summer socks.)

Finish Myrtille? (I might just have to rip out the top part and sew it in as the pattern suggests. That wouldn't be too much work.)(Or, I might have to rip out most of the sleeve and knit it tighter which would be much more work. I don't want to get started and find out that I really need to do option #2. But still, they're 3/4 length sleeves and go way faster than otherwise for my gorilla arms.)

Start a new pair of socks? I have a beaded sock pattern sitting in front of me on my computer desk that I've stared at the past month that I'm dying to start. Or the Cubist socks pattern from Cookie A. that I just got yesterday from Knitting Daily. That would be fun.

So many choices...

So little time...



Especially when the weekend involves cleaning....



And laundry....

1 comment:

Lynn said...

There is ALWAYS laundry! And it seems a lot of us are not getting much done these days. Is it the better weather, the ending (and busy) days of school? Summer seems to do that to knitting....