Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A hat to match

I liked the pattern for the Spruce Tree mittens so much, that I made a hat to match.




I didn't have anymore Trekking XXL sock yarn, so I used a strand Knitpicks sock yarn in rust (that may not be the official name, but it's the color. And I'm too lazy to walk into the other room to check.)(Because it's not only in the other room, but I actually put it away in my sock bin, so that would require moving the stuff on top to look inside. And I'm definitely too lazy for that.)

DD#2 declined to be the model today. She had just put her hair into a ponytail and was on the way out the door for field hockey practice. That's not a real reason, is it? After all, it was only 95 degrees...



Notes on hat: (If you've made the mittens, this might make sense.)
Size 7 circs and dpns. 1 strand ww and 1 strand sock wt.
96 sts, 1x1 twisted rib, 9 rows. increase 6 sts. 102 sts.
6 spruce tree cable repeats with 8 sts inbetween. Total of 6.25". At brim, decrease in st st on each side of cable every other row, then decrease until small # of stitches (not that that's any help, I just did some "normal" hat decreases at the top while keeping the cable intact as long as I could.)

And, ta-da! A hat.

No comments: