Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wiggles afghan

"Oh, look, it's knitting content! On a knitting blog! How unusual to find that here!"

"Yes, that's true, but it's not Ruth's knitting content."

"Oh, well. Let's see what she has to say, anyway. It might be interesting."



Maybe tomorrow I'll show you what I've been working on, but until then, DD#2 has a completed object!

This is her first afghan, and actually, her first project of anything larger than a dishcloth.

It's the same pattern as a dishcloth, actually, which is one of the best baby afghan patterns.





The baby was born about a week after it was finished, so she had perfect timing. She managed to handle the stripes by carrying the yarn up the side and not miscount during the whole knitting process. (I'm not sure I could've accomplished that myself.)

Yarn: TLC Wiggles in green and navy.




And there's some yarn left over. Maybe I'll get to play with it, too!

1 comment:

valéria said...

A big huge well done for your daughter... She's better than me even as I've not yet knit your pattern to make a dishcloth even..... *ashamed*....