Friday, April 16, 2010

Elena's sweater

Elena's sweater is done. It's a nice warm, thick sweater, which it should be considered how much yarn it took up.



Pattern: Pattern: Hooded tunic #244 from Knitting Pure and Simple.
Yarn: Every skein that I had in my house. Oh wait, it just seemed that way. Actually, it was 8 oz. Fisherman's that was dyed yellow and 8 oz. Fisherman's that was dyed green. Several 3.5 oz. skeins Patons Classic Wool in sesame. Let's call it 6 skeins, but it could be more.
I knitted the smallest size using size 8 and 10 needles. That's up one size from the recommended but I knitted with 2 strands held together so it's nice and dense.


The stripes on the hood ended up evenly without any fudging on my part. I did a 3 needle bind off on top and the middle stripe is still 8 sts wide, just like the rest.

The blue was added when the yellow ran out. The yellow had just enough yarn to do the next yellow stripe, with about 5 inches leftover.



It's been washed and blocked and ready for the Akkol box. I have one more pair of socks to go and then it can be mailed. They're thick socks, so it shouldn't take too long.

1 comment:

DJ said...

Very nice and she will love it, I'm sure. I love your creativity with the colors. Where there's a will....yada. Congrats on getting it done. I'm still working on mine for Ola G.
Hugs, DJ in SW MI