Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hiding those ends

What did I do yesterday? Not very much, other than I WORKED REALLY HARD ON ELENA'S SWEATER!

In the morning, I watched "Sense and Sensibility" and finished knitting the sleeves. I had trouble getting them done since this sweater is a big black hole that swallows up pounds and pounds of yarn, never to be seen again. (Which reinforces my decision to do the hood first, then I can be creative with the sleeves. Which I was.)

The yellow and the green were each 8 oz. of Fisherman's wool, and I ran out of yellow, right where I have the first blue stripe. (Knitting top down.) Then the green started running out, but fortunately I had dyed enough blue yarn to make a second blue stripe. I think it looks ok (and I sure bugged my family enough for their opinions.)

I'll show you more pictures later of the finished hoodie, but now I'm showing a picture of the sleeves inside out to show that I also hid all the ends.




And I mean ALL. This took 3 hours all by itself, and was my evening knitting project. Yes, this little pile of scraps represents 3 hours of work. The dark purple in the corner were my place markers for the sleeve decreases. (Which would be nice if I had a picture, but I don't. I was concentrating so much on finishing this as quickly as possible that I skipped multiple pictures on the way.)




In the middle of the day, I did go to DS#2's first soccer game and knitted the i-cord drawstring.



The drawstring is all done, so today's project is sewing the casing and putting in the drawstring and then it'll be done!

P.S. Yes, that is my MDSW shirt. I'm starting to get psyched--it's only 3 weeks away and I think I'm going this year!

No comments: