Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Shrug done

I finally got around to re-working DD's lace shrug (it was too snug and the sleeve ribbing was too tight). I ripped it apart and knitted 3 more pattern repeats before the seed stitch band. The cuffs are also looser and feel less likely to cut off her circulation.



Excuse the facial expressions... we actually took these after she got ready for school and before the bus came--imagine having enough time for that! (Only during the first weeks of school does this ever happen).

It's a bit bulkier than she wanted, so we'll see how it'll stretch out as time goes on (it is acrylic, you know.)







Easy Lace Shrug by Lion Brand.
size 6 needles for the body, size 5 for the cuff ribbing.
Three extra pattern repeats to make it loose enough.

1 comment:

Gia Volterra de Saulnier said...

Doing this pattern now with two yarns - both in purple family for a wedding. Instead of the seed stitch I did a 1x1 rib for the bottom (and will probably do the same for the top/sleeves). I'm hoping I have it done by the wedding in Jan 2013 and hope it's dressy enough for the wedding. I'm under Ravelry too :D G