Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some fish

I've been in the yarn buying mood lately without wanting to spend much money. My solution? Buy on eBay. I've been only bidding on items that have a low list price and I haven't gotten into a bidding war (at least, yet). And I don't bid against other bidders. Since I'm not needing that specific yarn per se, I try to get it as cheaply as I can.

This is one of those purchases--5 skeins of Encore Colorspun. It's just like the yarn I used previously for a baby blanket, but it's worsted weight rather than DK. The colorway is just the same, though, so I see another baby blanket in the future.



I've also been knitting fish. I bookmarked this pattern for the tesselating fish afghan a couple of years ago, but have just started to make them. Here's a post of what a completed blanket should look like. They're rather addicting, take only about 20 yards per fish, and make up extremely quickly.



I'm not sure I'll do an afghan, but a tesselating fish scarf would be pretty cool.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I love shopping eBay!! Can be very dangerous for me too!!

Tina - omme i London said...

WOW - I take it the afghan will be crocheted together, as otherwise you will drive yourself insane with all those ends to weave in!
I like to yarnshop on Ebay as well, and apply exactly the same method as you. :)

Cactusneedles said...

Those fish are great!