Thursday, August 17, 2006

45 things about me

In an effort to get back into blogging, without actually blogging (believe me, I've written plenty of entries in my head. It's the photographs and uploading where I get stuck), I'm going to do a questionaire.... I got it off another blog, and changed a couple of questions...just because I can!

1. FIRST NAME: Ruth
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mother's older sister. Interestingly enough, I have a twin cousin who was born on the same day and is also named Ruth! (She's MUCH older than me, though, about 3 hours.)
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? At a wedding last Saturday. I cry at all weddings. I even cried at wedding of DH's co-worker, who I had barely met.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, but only the printing. Don't ask me to use cursive for anything.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Ham.
6. KIDS? Twenty. No, wait, they just seeeeeem like 20. It's actually four.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I hope so. That would be quite a statement if I didn't want to be friends with me.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? No.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Yes, although I try to limit it. When it's people that don't know me well they think I'm serious.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? HA! Never! I don't even care for roller coasters (which is a subject for a different post.)
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Wheaties.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? no.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, but not in my arms. Only when I'm using my entire body.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Moose Tracks.
16. SHOE SIZE? 10.
17. RED OR PINK? Pink, but only if it's Fushia.
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I'm not very verbal. I think in pictures and sounds, but not in words. I rely a lot on other people interpreting what I mean.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mom.
20. WHAT SHOULD YOU BE DOING RIGHT NOW INSTEAD OF THIS? Cooking dinner. I haven't thought about it yet, and it's already 6:30. And also laundry. And maybe a nap.
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Old jeans shorts and bare feet.
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Espresso and some slices of cheese. (That's why I'm not cooking supper--I'm not hungry.)
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Nothing.
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Purple.
25. FAVORITE SMELL? Strawberry or vanilla.
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My son. (He called around question 20.)
27. FAVORITE TIME OF DAY? Afternoon, after my nap.
28. WHAT DO PEOPLE TEASE YOU ABOUT? I talk to myself. I plan out whole conversations--the kids are always teasing me about it. Now, at work, I talk in numbers. I walk around muttering, "246. 246. No wait, this is a 437." (This implies that I work with math. Not true. I work in the flower section of Michaels and am putting them back all day long--matching the UPC labels.)
29. FAVORITE DRINK? Coffee.
30. FAVORITE SPORT? To watch--diving on the Olympics. To play--volleyball or softball (at least, that's what I remember when I still did something besides take naps.)
31. EYE COLOR? Blue.
32. HAT SIZE: Large.
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? YES!!!! And also reading glasses. Uggh. But only for work,which, of course, is where most people see me. And then I forgot them on Weds. so had to go around and ask people until I found an extra pair.
34. FAVORITE FOOD? Mashed potatoes. (Hmm, that might be good for supper.)
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy Ending.
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIE ? "The Lake House".
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Gray.
38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer. But I want to live where there's also a winter.
39. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cheesecake.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? FInale of "So You Think You Can Dance".
42. FAVORITE SOUNDS? I dunno. The beach?
43. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Ireland.
44. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can procrastinate with the best of them.
45 WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? December in West. PA, same as twin cousin, but she's older.

No comments: