Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sweater detail

Finally a picture of my Purple Passion sweater actually being worn. (Click on the pic to see a bigger version.)

Or, as I like to call it, proof that it's important to do gauge. I mean, big swatch, washed, and hung to measure.

I did a little swatch. It was washed, so I didn't skip that step, but it was too small and was measured lying flat.

Hence, the stretched out, monster sleeves (and long body). Too long even for me. If I get brave someday (or forget), I have a bit of extra in case it gets in the dryer. (Not that I can imagine EVER putting it in by accident, but time will tell.)

(That's not too much blush, but rather sunburn from the day before. I didn't figure that if I was outside in the COLD/WINDY weather, huddled up under a long-sleeved shirt, sweatshirt, winter coat, hat, scarf, mittens, and 2 blankets that I'd ALSO get sunburnt! What an insult! If I get sunburnt, I want to be HOT while it's happening!)

Who can pass up a spontaneous hug from DD#2? (and check out my sleeve detail. :)

No comments: