Sunday, March 26, 2006

More CIC stuff (and a boring title)

That's right. I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I'm still around. Not knitting a whole lot, but some. Can't blog a whole lot when I'm not knitting a whole lot, can I?

(I know, of course I could. My brain just hasn't been interesting lately. That's right, blame it all on my brain. That's what I did this week when I smeared hair gel all over my face AND RUBBED IT IN before I realized that it wasn't moisturizer. Just figured I'd share. My brain is disappearing right before my eyes. I even got my college English book out of storage to brush up on proper grammar. But if I don't have the answers, what good does it do me?)

I think I'm about done with the fingerless mittens challenge. Here's the last pair I've done:

(There really is a pair--I couldn't hold two mitts and take a picture. Sigh. If only I had that 3rd hand....) This pattern from Boogie Knits was written for DK weight and #3 dpns. I used Cascade 220 in a plummy color on #4 dpns and it turned out just fine. I did 3 repeats of the lace pattern, and could almost have done a 4th. Nice change from ribbing.

Also did a CIC baby sweater. I've been meaning to try this pattern from Margaret Hubert. It's just as quick as it looks.

No comments: